Air conditioning expenses can be pretty tough particularly over the hotter months of the year. The good thing is, there are lots of ideas that you can do that may help you decrease the cost of cooling your residence. Saving on air cooling cost can trim your electricity bill by 20 % or more. These small changes may help in that effort.
• Regardless of how efficient an air conditioning unit is if all of the cold air is leaking through cracks underneath doors and windows. Be certain that all of the seals are airtight in order that the cooling unit would not have to work any harder than necessary. Spending some time and a couple of extra dollars to replace faulty seals can mean a lot of money saved over the summer.
• For greater control over the temperature in your house, nothing can beat a programmable thermostat. With programmable thermostats, you can save on cooling bills without giving up your indoor comfort. These thermostats have numerous daily settings and you may program them to increase if you are sleeping or at work, and lower when you are home. You save money and stay cool at the same time.
• Try to make use of your oven as sparingly as possible; frequent oven usage is one of the fastest methods to heat up your residence. Instead, use your microwave or toaster, which both expend less energy and produce less heat. Once you do use the oven, keep preheating to low. It’s also advisable to stay away from such heat-generating appliances as the dishwasher and dryer in daytime.
• A unclean filter makes the unit have to go the extra mile and harder to get airflow in the system. This damage means your system will surely cost more to perform, and you could potentially damage your air conditioning system. The best way to do is to simply clean the filter at least once each month or as frequently as is needed.
• Keep heavy shades, drapes, or perhaps awning on the warm side of your home. It will block sunlight from getting in consequently keeping extra heat out of your house that you don’t need or want.
In case you follow these tips you could be reassured you are operating at peak efficiency. There are still a number of ways to remain cool during the summer season. When you stay at home all day, take into consideration going for a day trip to the mall or to the library to reduce the need for cooling. Do all housework early in the morning or late at nighttime when it is cooler out.